The Balanced Mind Parent Network (BMPN), a program of the Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance (DBSA), guides families raising children with mood disorders to the answers, support and stability they seek.
—Susan Madian, BMPN member and DBSA Board member
Support and Resources For You and Your Child
The Balanced Mind Parent Network is a community where you'll find resources, connection and hope for the road ahead.
- 20 Online Support Networks for Parents of children with depression or bipolar ranging from toddler to 'transition age' (meaning late teens, 'twentysomethings')
- Family Helpline that answers inquiries within 48 hours
- Flipswitch, the archive of our award-winning podcast and blog for teens and 'twentysomethings'
- Professional Resource Directory that leads families to resources in their area
- Online Library
- Wellness Information, Tools, and Resources for individuals living with mood disorders through our parent website, DBSAlliance.org
The Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance (DBSA) is the leading peer-directed national organization focusing on the two most prevalent mental health conditions, depression and bipolar disorder. Our peer-based, wellness-oriented, and empowering services and resources are available when people need them, where they need them, and how they need to receive them—online 24/7, in local support groups, in audio and video casts, or in printed materials distributed by DBSA, our chapters, and mental health care facilities across America.
Founded in 1985, DBSA is guided by a Scientific Advisory Board comprised of the leading researchers and clinicians in the field of mood disorders.
Through more than 700 support groups and nearly 300 chapters, DBSA reaches millions of people each year with in-person and online peer support; current, readily understandable information about depression and bipolar disorder; and empowering tools focused on an integrated approach to wellness.
Visit DBSAlliance.org to learn more about DBSA.